JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

It's later and I'm much more awake now, thanks very much. I resisted the urge to play--uh, work--in the yard and I even managed to get some real work done. So I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Got word from my friend Derek yesterday (hi D--if you're reading this since I gave you the link!) that he's (1) getting married and (2) getting a new job. You go, guy! We haven't seen each other much in the past--geez what is it now--11 years, but we were great pals in high school. Did all the crazy, stupid stuff that teenagers do. We were band dorks and cherished the moments we spent annoying our band director in rehearsals, concerts, band camps, basketball games, trips to Disneyland...the list goes on. Derek drove the coolest eggshell-blue Fairlane ('66 if I remember correctly) and I bummed rides because I was too broke to buy a car. Hey D, whatever happened to that car? (I need to figure out how to let people make comments on these postings.)Anyway, congrats again, man!

I tried to post a pic on the blog today, but it didn't show up. Hmmm. I'll figure it out eventually, and I need to add some links, too.

Break's over. Back to work. Ciao....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home