JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Saturday, June 21, 2008

myspace, mygone

Ok, so I don't know why but apparently my new MySpace pqge is gone. I went to check my page the other day and got a message that the account is invalid, deleted by the user. *I* didn't delete it, I really don't know what happened. So someday if I get some free time again I may recreate the page. If this is what's going to happen 7 days after I work to put up information I think I'll say buh-bye MySpace. Can't be too mad, I guess...you get what you pay for, after all.

I did something last night I've never, ever done before. Had a gig with the Swing Daddies at Swinger's Grille. I was in sort of a rush to leave the house so it should have been no surprise to discover, once I opened the car door to unload my stuff, that I forgot something. Not a Real Book or music stand, mind you. I forgot my freaking SAXOPHONE. So I had to go back home and retrieve it. I'm so glad this was actually an in-town gig. If it had been in Peoria like most of my work I'd have been screwed.

I guess that's not quite as bad as the time Kevin forgot his entire drum set on the way to a gig in Chicago and had to find a set at a pawn shop...but that's his story to tell!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This seems to be somewhat of a problem within MySpace. I also know of an individual that had his MySpace page link taken by another user. Although you had a negative experience your first time around, I think you'll find it's a great page to have. The exposure to different types aof music and musicians is invaluable.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home