JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

spring ain't here

Hey readers & jazz fans. Thanks for checking in and posting comments & signing the ol' guestbook (GB). It's great to hear from you. But I'm wondering about the last message in the GB:

Great website. Everything looks fine. The only I'd change is your homepage font color. Keep up the great job! Welcome to my site online resource about health insurance or [url]http://healthinsurance.ruwww.ru/[/url].

Huh? At the risk of sounding defensive, I gotta say this at least...I don't get the comment re: font color. It's black. How can you go wrong with black? And what's up with the health insurance plug? Doesn't this guy know that musicians can't afford health insurance? (j/k...that's why we need to have "real" jobs in addition to the music thang.) I'm thinking this is a general comment that's posted randomly. I don't think it's specific to this site at all. And no, I didn't follow the link.

Looking forward to this weekend! The Rootabaga (affectionately called BAGA by us alums) Festival is gonna be great. If you haven't seen the schedule yet, here it is.

Thursday night will be the Faculty & Friends jam session. I'm a "friend," as I don't teach at the college. My former roomie is the current jazz director, however, the piano/percussion teacher is my husband, and the sax teacher was my best friend (we also dated for a year or so) in college--we're still good friends--though, so you can see how my connection to my alma mater has remained strong.

The whole weekend will be a large time. That's a Scott-ism. Speaking of Scott, our former jazz director will make a return appearance to direct the alumni band on Friday night. Scott is now getting jazz program off the ground at Ashland Univ. in Ohio--has been for the last 2 years. Haven't talked to him for a while, but I'm sure he's doing a great job.

I do have subs lined up for my regular Peoria-based gigs: Thursday at Panach will be Billy Cook (guitar) and Steve Thomas (flute). Steve will also be subbing for me Friday night at the Pere Marquette.

I'll have all day to kill on Friday and I'm planning on bringing my laptop, so I'll try to post an update while I'm in the 'Burg.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home