JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Saturday, February 19, 2005

blues for alice

Why Alice? I don't know, actually. It's just the first tune title that came to mind.

It's been another crazy week which is why I didn't get around to posting anything earlier...that means I missed a chance to plug Thursday and Friday night gigs. But both went very well, thanks (Panache and the Contemporary Arts Center, respectively).

Sunday we're heading up to Chicago to catch the Pat Metheney Group (PMG). They're on tour promoting a new CD, The Way Up. This project is a bit different...it's a 68-minute composition, for starters. The philosophy behind the recording is also unique. See for yourself here, as Metheney explains the motivation behind this collaborative (w/ keyboardist Lyle Mays) project. The show, I'm sure will be spectacular. Saw the PMG twice on their last tour and of course everything was simple awesome.

Enjoy the weekend, all. Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home