JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

the gigs, they are a-comin'

Slowly but surely, my calendar is starting to look a little less bare for the summer. I just booked a couple of new dates for the awesome CEFCU Jazz Night concert series, which takes place annually on the Peoria Riverfront during the summer. (See my schedule at the left for dates/times.)

I have been hesitant to book too far into summer, though, as I'm expecting Baby#2 in late August. When I was pregnant with our daughter, I played my last gig 2 weeks before my due date. This time I'm declining all gigs in August (except for maybe my steady monthly) primarily because most of the gigs are outside and our summers tend to be hot and sticky. Playing in late July heat when I'm roughly the size of a beached whale doesn't sound all that appealing either, but I gotta earn a living. So, I'll suck it up thru the end of July, then in August I guess I'll be out of the picture for a while.

Hope everyone is doing well musically and otherwise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home