JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Monday, August 16, 2010

handful o' gigs

This blog, dead? No way. It was just on a long hiatus, and with good reason. I really haven't played many gigs over the past year. Haven't had the opportunity to see/hear much live music, either. When a new baby is added to the family mix it makes it tough for us mother-types to get out much. However, daughter #2 (who loves music, by the way, just like her big sis) is approaching her first birthday and it's getting easier to leave her with another caregiver, so slowly (but surely) I am making a comeback in the music world. I just hope I don't embarrass myself too much or offend anyone whose ears listen overly discriminately.

I've played a few gigs this summer--two CEFCU Stage dates on the Peoria Riverfront (with Billy Cook and the Swing Daddies) and an Uptown Farmer's Market date with my own group. Thought I'd share a couple pictures taken by local music lover/talented photographer Ralph Weisheit. You'll see local favorites Kevin Hart, Andy Crawford, Tom Marko, and yours truly in the band.

If anyone's still checking in here, thanks for looking, and I hope you have survived/are surviving the cutback of music since the economy took a dive. Keep on playing!


Da band.



Awesome rhythm section.


So cool he's gotta wear shades.


Piano man.


Compare to pics in last post--the baby belly is gone!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jazz Music Website said...

That's so cool that your daughter loves music. Your band looks very interesting and looks like you are having fun!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home