JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Thursday, September 22, 2011

September songs

With the demise of the economy, and therefore reliable club gigs, there hasn't been too much to say. Add the time commitments of motherhood and there's been less news to report on my end. I did, however, play a nice gig recently at the Uptown Normal Farmer's Market. We were actually supposed to play earlier in the summer, but it would have been during one of those horrible heat waves that overtook the area, and the whole market was canceled that day. It worked out for us musicians, though, since our rescheduled date was early in September and it was b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. I personally enjoyed hanging with musicians again and I was relieved to discover I had not, in fact, forgotten how to play the saxophone! All was well.

On a different note, I have to share how cool it is that our 2-year-old is totally into contemporary jazz. Instead of role playing with her being a cow and me being a farmer, or whatever scenario typical toddlers come up with, she approached me the other day and said, "You're Lee Ritenour. I'm Ernie Watts." Ha!

And I do have one bit of newsy-news: I'm working on a website for music stuff. It's been a long time coming, and my DH has finally talked me into putting one together. It is very much a work in progress, but when it's live I'll share with the world. So, check back soon (pretty please)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home