JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

26 days till xmas

Can ya believe it? Time to get started on that holiday shopping! Ugh...

And of course the holiday season means it't time to whip out the Xmas arrangements. Guitarist and friend Billy Cook tuned me on to the Band-in-a-Box website, which has a folder of holiday lead sheets for your downloading pleasure. Just go to the "files" link and scroll down until you come to the folder titled "Christmas Songs."

So I'm playing my first Xmas party of the season this Saturday. It's with the Second Story Trio, which is myself, Kevin, and Dan "Sweetie" Diefendorf. Sort of a scaled back version of the Swing Daddies...Dief came up with the name one summer when the 3 of us played on Wed. nights at a local restaraunt. It had an outdoor patio for dining, and they wanted us to play outside. There wasn't enough room on the small patio, so the management told us to take the elevator to the second floor of the building and set up on the fire escape balcony...above the customers. This was weird at first but it turned out to be kind of a cool way to do things. Hence the name...Second Story Trio.

Public gigs this week include:

Thursday, December 2 @ Panache with:
Steve Degenford (guitar) & Jamie Jenkens (bass)
7:30 - 10:00 pm

Friday, December 3 @ the Pere Marquette with:
The Fulton Street Gang
5:00 - 7:30 pm

Enjoy the week if I don't holla at you before it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home