JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Week before Xmas jazz

Wow, that last post sounded really grumpy. I don't really hate Christmas, I swear!

Gigs for the week include:

Thursday, December 16 @ Panache w/ Larry Harms (piano) & Jamie Jenkins (bass)

Friday, December 17 @ the Hotel Pere Marquette w/ the Fulton Street Gang


Friday night there are some other gigs going on in Peoria, too:

- Barb Boyles & Roman Paul at Dominics, 8-11 pm

- The Ligionares (reunion gig)at the Rhythm Kitchen from 7:30 - 10:00 pm

I'm going to try to check out these gigs after the Pere is over. Good friend, former college roommate, and fellow jazzer Nikki is coming to town for dinner and entertainment. Maybe we'll raise some hell just like the good ol' days...except for we're older now and I don't know about her, but I'm certainly out of shape re: the party scene. After all, I'm turning the big 3-0 next Tuesday and can no longer tolerate the recklessness of my youth (I'm getting ooooold). But Nikki, well, she's been teaching at Knox and knowing the camaraderie of the music students--it's one big, happy family--she's been keeping in practice at least a bit more so than I. Then again, the poor girl is balancing a full schedule of teaching and doctoral work, so she probably hasn't had much time for extra-curricular activities as of late.

Hope to see folks out this week/end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home