JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

when sunny gets blue

It's been a couple of miserable days. Been dealing with a migraine, one of those terribly annoying & painful headaches that just don't let up. I can't take anything other than Tylenol, which has never worked for me, nonetheless I keep trying. So I've been sleeping a great deal and watching really bad daytime television through hazy lids. I've seen the aerial footage of the destruction of Hurricane Katrina a million times on the news (morning, noon, 5 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 10) and I feel badly for all those who have been displaced from their homes and businesses. Those of us in other parts of the country are suffering somewhat too, the authorities tell us, since gas prices have risen yet higher. That sucks, and I've done my share of complaining about it, but at least we still have our homes and families in tact.

Thought I'd update the blog since I'm beginning to feel as if I can concentrate on something for more than 5 minutes and the pain in my right temple is becoming slightly more sporadic. I don't have much music news, except to state once again that certain people really need to step back sometimes and realize that when it's not their gig, they have no right to make demands. Like the drummer who told me that he's coming out to play with us at Panache this week, and requesting that we please start on time and play til the end. (The gig is 7.30-10.00 and sure, sometimes we start at 7.45 but it's really no big deal...even the biz owner is fine with this...and we always play until 10.) ARRRRGGGGHHH. This is the same guy who recently played a gig with some friends of mine (sitting in, once again) and got tired of the ballad they were playing so he quit in the middle of it. What is with people?!

So anyway. Maybe I'm not in the right mood to be writing so I'll sign off for now. More as it happens....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home