JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Sunday, June 05, 2005

summertime

It isn't yet, but it sure feels like it. I wish it would just rain already. The grass is going dormant and the air feels like a giant cotton ball. A giant, wet cottonball. Ick.

I'm always on the search for other jazz blogs, and it's always great to come across those that are insightful, useful, and entertaining. Here are a couple to check out--I even noticed they've got this blog linked to their sites.

Jazz Authority - saxophonist discusses all things sax...and jazz in general. Great tips for players.
Xanax Taxi - mp3-based site with commentary
I was doing all right - trumpet player talks jazz improv and describes his return to playing after taking time off

Also...
If you were a saxophone, what kind would you be? Take this quiz and find out. Of course, I was hoping for a mint-condition vintage Mark VI, but I ended up as a Yamaha student model alto. Wonder what that means.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, all.

1 Comments:

Blogger camsax@gmail.com said...

Thanks for the link to my blog. Your writing is interesting and I know I'll pop in from time to time.

L8R

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home