JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Sunday, January 30, 2005

sunday morning coffee

This weekend has been quite the whirlwind, and it doesn't show much promise of slowing down anytime soon. Played gigs Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and I have to head to Galesburg tonight to complete the jazz cycle. This will be fun, I'm sure, as it's sort of a reunion with some college pals. I just wish it wasn't a 1.5 hour drive each way and that the gig didn't go until midnight. I've got to haul rear to whip a couple of articles into final form today, and clean up the Feb. issue of the Jazzscope newsletter, AND get my own ezine (for the writing biz) together. Ever feel as if there just aren't enough hours in the day?

Got a comment the other day on my guestbook from a fellow jazz fan with an excellent blog of her own: Jazz Explorations. There are some great recollections of performances here...I especially enjoyed the recount of a performance by Roy Hanes. I've seen him a couple of times, too, and have to agree that his demeanor on stage is somewhat odd. (What's with the cowboy getup, anyhow?) Anyway, I need to write back to this blogger and let her know that I, too, am enjoying her postings. I just need to get all of this WORK out of the way first.

And so work I shall. See you back here later in the week. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend and stay warm, dry, and happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home