JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Saturday, February 05, 2005

spring is here

Well, not just yet it isn't. But it's pretty warm out for a February in the Midwest, so today I'm pretending.

Ha. Just saw on Blogger's news page that someone's got a blog called Tequila Mockingbird. That's awesome. Not only is TKM one of my favorite books, but I think this would be a great name for a jazz group: The Tequila Mockingbird Quartet. TMQ. Hmmm...I've been tossing the idea around to rename my group (which is, for lack of a better title, Cassie Hart & Friends) for a while now. Maybe this would be a good choice? Let me know what y'all think.

Caught up with two Knox alums this week as I found their blogs. Both are pretty cool; one author shall remain nameless, as his name isn't posted on his site so I assume he wishes to remain anonymous, but he's got some good rhymes/stories available for your reading pleasure. Check out MC Post.

The other is (and her name appears so I'll use it freely here) Meghan R. in Chicago. Good, entertaining stuff about music, food, the Windy City, and other stuff. Check out the Existential Doctrine of Slar for more.

Both are former KJE members and remain dedicated to jazz, either by playing or listening.

I gotta get outside and take advantage of the weather. David "Fathead" Newman is giving a clinic at ISU this afternoon (pre-concert) so I think we'll take a stroll downtown for some eats and jazzspeak. Maybe I'll get inspired.

Enjoy the weekend!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home