JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Monday, July 26, 2004

Monday! Tried to make today productive, and it worked, somewhat. Got caught up with a few things for the writing biz, but not as much as I had hoped. I've got a few projects on the front burner, and luckily none of them, for once, were needed yesterday. Tomorrow I'll be better. There's much to do!

The weekend was super busy. Took Friday afternoon off and went to a White Sox game with Kevin and his folks. I haven't been to a "real" ballgame in years...since I was about 12 or 13, I think. That one was in Pittsburgh. Things have changed! Now there's a ton of activity...skydivers; fireworks; a giant screen that constantly shows replays, player stats, animated airplanes and pizzas racing (don't ask); and Frank Sinatra impersonators. I swear, folks don't go for the ballgame; they go for the food and the other activities! But it was fun. Enjoyed myself thoroughly.

So, after this all-American evening we got home around 1:30 am. Had to be in Peoria to play for the Farmer's Market at 9 the next morning. Ugh. Fortunately, the skies were blue and the temps cooled down from the previous week, so it was fairly easy to get moving. Rehearsed with my group in the afternoon and played a gig on Sunday in--you guessed it--Peoria. As much as I love living in B-N, sometimes I wonder why we moved here. Since we drive to P-town at least 3 times a week anyway.

So, this week is somewhat calmer. I'm looking forward to the gig on Thursday at the CEFCU stage...my group is playing as part of the summer jazz series. We've got some fun tunes worked up...some Yellowjackets and Kenny Garrett stuff...modern. It will be fun. Also a Swing Daddies gig occurs on Friday. Times/dates:

Thursday @ the CEFCU Stage, Peoria Riverfront (7:30-9:30)
Cassie Hart & Friends

Friday @ the Contemporary Arts Center (5:30-7:30)
The Swing Daddies

Both gigs should be fun. They're for listening crowds, and hopefully we'll appeal to the masses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home