JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Whew! The Midwestern summer is here--hot and humid, and the air conditioner is running full blast. I don't think I'll be heading outside today until I head to Panache to play. Speaking of which, tonight will feature Larry Harms on piano, Randy Emert on bass, and myself on sax. And you never know who may stop by to join the fun! The gig isn't really designed to be a jam session, but when music friends come out it's always nice to have them play.

I just occurred to me that I can use this as a posting schedule of gigs, too. So here's the update for the weekend:

Thursday, July 22
Panache (Peoria), 7:30-10:00 pm

Friday, July 23
Fulton Street Gang @ the Hotel Pere Marquette, 5:00-7:30 pm
I'm taking the night off, but the illustrious David Hoffman will be there on trumpet with the rest of the gang.

Saturday, July 24
Kevin & Cassie Hart @ the Peoria Riverfront Farmer's Market, 9:00am-noon
Piano & sax jazz

Sunday, July 25
Cassie Hart & Friends @ the Shoppes at Grand Prairie, 2:00-5:00 pm
Featuring Kevin Hart (keyboards), Tim Brickner (bass), Greg King (drums), yours truly on saxes & flute

Now, let's see if I remember to do this regularly. :-)

Busy weekend! Maybe there'll some interesting stories to reveal. If there are, I'll be sure to report them here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cassie-
Just passing through here in cyberland. Re an earlier posting of yours, the best thing for a hangover is NOT tabasco sauce, etc but actually lots of water & a couple B-Vitamins, all ingested before you go to bed. Back in the days when I was a college-kid(and therefore drank like one). Later,
Sam

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home