JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Thursday, July 15, 2004

So, I discovered that there are some folks who really *are* reading this, and so I need to be better about updating. Sorry, guys! :-)

Let's see, it's been a crazy coupla days. My sister is getting married this weekend, and this week the festivities began. Since the only time we females in the wedding party could get together was during the week, we had her bachelorette party in Chicago on Tuesday night. What a time! Dinner at Ed Debevic's (the place where the wait staff is rude to everyone) and drinks at Coyote Ugly. Both places were interesting. I learned that I can't drink like a college student anymore since I was out of commission ALL DAY yesterday. Ugh. I forgot how terrible hangovers could be. My dear ol' dad called with a remedy, something to do with orange juice, tobasco sauce, and parsley. Or something of that nature. Of course, just hearing him suggest such a concoction made me scramble for the bathroom again. Thanks, Dad.

Last weekend the Swing Daddies had a gig at the downtown Normal Sugar Creek Arts Festival. Was very, very hot--I think I lost about 10 lbs. of retained water--but the crowd seemed to enjoy us. The GLT radio folks were very complimentary and it might lead to more gigs that they will be sponsoring. (Check it out...89.1 fm on your dial if you haven't already.) The group was: our fearless leader and MC, Dan Diefendorf on drums, Springfield-based guitarist Sam Crain (we played a couple of his tunes...check out his website in my previous post), my talented husband Kevin on keyboards (also a tune-writer), and myself on sax. We've got some more gigs coming up, I'll try to be more regular with my posts and mention them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home