JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Well. Saturday night and I've got the night off. Actually, that's kind of a good feeling. The past couple of weeks have been very busy and it's nice to be able to chill a bit. Of course, I have some work I really need to get done (my ezine is due out tomorrow) and a lot of cleaning around the house to do. This afternoon I tackled the windows and now there's a lot more light coming in. I might even save on the electricity!!

Had some very nice gigs this past week. Two with my group and one with the Swing Daddies. I'm thankful to know some very excellent and accommodating musicians. I say this because my bass player and good friend, Andy Crawford, of the past several years will soon be leaving. He and his wife are going into the Peace Corps and will be in Guatemala for the next 2 years. Andy is a wonderful bassist and guitarist, and he will be missed in the local music community! His wife Erin is also a great friend of mine--she's one of those folks who makes you laugh and feel good about yourself in general. Hopefully the two of them will return somewhere near the area after their experience!

But back to the accommodating musician thing...Tim Brickner has been wonderful in that he learned several new tunes--and they aren't all easy!--in preparation for these gigs. He's a busy guy but hopefully he'll be available for other gigs in the future. Don't have anything set up yet but I'm working on securing a couple more Fat Jack's dates (in Bloomington) and maybe a Shoppes at Grand Prairie gig or two, if the person who books those gigs will ever return my (and Kevin's) phone calls.

And in case I forget to do this later, the gig schedule for next week is:

Thursday, August 4 @ Panache, 7:30 - 10:00 pm
Me, Kevin (piano), & Doug Falk (bass)

Friday, August 5 @ The Hotel Pere Marquette, 5:00 - 7:30 pm
Fulton Street Gang

Will update in the event anything changes. Enjoy the weekend!


1 Comments:

Blogger jazzmom said...

testing comment feature...1...2...3....

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home