JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

a foggy day

And foggy ineed. And gray. And cold. It's spring, now, what's going on? It snowed last night!

At Baga a couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to reconnect with fellow musician/college pal Marc Piane. Actually, we chat online ocassionally but hadn't seen each other since last Baga, or maybe even before. Marc is a great bassist living in Chicago. He plays in groups ESP and QBlue (among others), so if you're ever in the Windy City be sure to check him out. Another Knox alum, tenorman Gabe Patti, also plays in ESP. We're all over the map, I tell ya.

This'll be short as the mailman just pulled up and I'm anxiously awaiting a PO for a writing job, so I'll leave you with gigs for the weekend:

Thursday @ Panache with Kevin Hart (piano), Doug Falk (bass), and Mike Krusa (drums)
7.30-10.00 pm

Friday @ Suds (car dealership, corner of Towanda & Ft. Jesse in Normal) w/ Trefan Owen (guitar) and Kevin

Kevin's group, Kevin Hart & the Vibe Tribe, will be at the Rhythm Kitchen on Saturday from 7-10 pm. I'd offer a link to the RK, but I just noticed that the site's no longer functional. Sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home