JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

that's my baby

I'm taking a much-needed break from working on various writing projects to catch up in blogworld. Actually, a much-more-needed break would entail me leaving this computer, but I'll do that in an hour or so when I head out to teach some lessons.

Just updated the October calendar. My schedule is starting to be a bit less hectic now that many of the outdoor events are winding down. As I've mentioned before this summer was pretty hectic. It'll probably be the last I'll see of that type of schedule for quite some time due to the upcoming life changes that are in the process occuring...we're expecting our first little jazzer in March. That's right folks, you heard it here first.

Actually, I'm hoping anyone that knows me doesn't actually find out via this blog--I hope I've been able to tell you in person. But I know there are a couple of friends I haven't been able to reach yet, so if this is your introduction to the news...sorry!

Not sure yet how this will affect my gigging. I do still plan to play, but probably not as much as I have been. What I'd really like to find is some other woman who has dealt with performing and pregnancy because I don't know what to expect. The many questions I have include things like how long will I be able to play--comfortably--before having the baby? Right now I'm planning on taking gigs through February, and probably leaving March-May completely gig-free. We'll see what happens after that.

Well how do I top that news? I can't so I'll just get back to work. More later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Many Congrats! I'm so happy for you and Kevin!!! I think we're getting close to having enough members for a 2nd generation KJE big band.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home