JazzWriter

I'm a freelance writer by day and a working jazz musician by night, and often I am able to combine my two lines of work. This blog is for posting gigs & various rants about music and life in general.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Illinois, United States
View Guestbook Sign Guestbook
Powered by iguest.net

Friday, September 10, 2004

I've been up since 6 a.m. thanks to a meeting I thought I had at 7:30, but when I arrived I saw NO ONE. How frustrating is that? At least this non-existant meeting got me up for an early start. There's lots to do today and as always, not enough time to get everything done.

My first article was published in B2B magazine this week! I haven't seen it yet, but several people have commented on it. And the response has been complimentary, so I guess all is well. I have to look into obtaining a submitter's copy, or something. And now I need to start working on the next article. I'll be contributing every other month with the next article being for November's issue of B2B. I'll be discussing how to write and distribute press releases for this piece. The good news is that this publication opportunity is putting my name in front of the local business community and letting people know that I write for a living. It's a great chance to build credibility and communicate with other business folks.

Update on the Payton interview: talked to Nicholas' agent this week and learned that he'll be out of the country until next week. The agent is supposed to call me back to set up a phone interview. Hopefully I'll be able to make the Sept. 18 deadline, but even if I do get to talk to him next week that'll be pushing it. I like to take time to revise and I'm afraid that if I don't get to conduct the interview until, say, the 16th, my first draft will be lame and I won't have time enough to make it presentable for WP.

On the music front: Panache last night was fun. Our first set especially. Had a "new" bass player on the gig and he did a real nice job. He doesn't play upright (to my knowledge), but has a great sound on electric and kept things together very well. We played a show of sorts together a few years ago so we sort of knew each other from that. He's been playing mostly rock and R&B gigs, and seems interested in doing more jazz. It's been tough replacing Andy, but things will be fine.

Speaking of which, got an email from our Guatemala-bound friends. They have arrived and seem to be enjoying their new surroundings. Sounds like they have to work hard at becoming familiar with the culture and language, but they don't seem to mind. Found some interesting facts on Guatemala here.

I really need to get some work done now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home